While talking with a customer recently it was apparent that steps 10-100 were covered but steps 1-10 were not.
This post will show a simple demo of Unified Logging.
1) Visit the site http://demo.unifiedlogging.com/
- This site uses Unified Logging for multiple things such as what paint was purchased and errors
- Click around a bit
2) Go to https://portal.unifiedlogging.com
- Log in as user: demo with password: demo_123!
– Look at the Messages that were sent in as a result of clicking around
– Review the Indexes and see how they work. Add/modify indexes and then go click around more and see what happens.
– Look at the Trends
3) Download the code for Pedro’s Paint Shop and see how the magic works.
- Note that the sample is in .NET MVC and uses Tracing.
– The project uses the Unified Logging NuGet package and has the listener defined in the web.config